TAKE FLIGHT WITH THESE SHOW-STOPPING DIY MICKEY EARS INSPIRED BY DUMBO
By Disney Style
Ladies and gentlemen, step right up and see it for yourself!
We can’t get enough of the beautiful scenes and costumes in Disney’s live-action Dumbo! If you’re like us, why not get crafty and whip up these adorable – and very pretty, might we add – Mickey ears inspired by the movie’s circus theme and Dumbo, our star elephant himself? See how to make them in the video below!
Ladies, gentlemen and little ones! Step right up as we show you how to make these adorable Mickey ears inspired by Disney’s Dumbo! 🎪
What You’ll Need
• Satin fabric (gold, maroon)
• Sequin trimmings (gold, red)
• Glitter foam paper (gold, red, blue)
• Ribbon (blue, silver)
• Faux peanut
• Black feather
• Plastic sheets
How To Make It
- Begin by cutting out Mickey’s ear shape on the plastic sheet. You should have four pieces.
- Trace the shape on the satin fabric. Measure a 2-cm allowance around the shape, then cut it out with the allowance. You should have two pieces in gold and two pieces in maroon.
- Cut slits around the ear, making sure not to cut into the traced area. Place the plastic sheet on the maroon satin, then fold the cut flaps inwards and glue to secure. Repeat with the other piece of maroon fabric. These two halves form one ear.
- Do the same with the gold fabric.
- Fill up the ears with stuffing, then glue to seal the open end. Do the same for the other ear pieces.
- Now, glue the undersides of the two maroon ear pieces together. Do the same for the gold pieces.
- Draw a cursive “D” on the gold glitter foam paper, a starburst pattern on the blue glitter foam paper and a circle with a star in the middle on the red foam paper.
- Wrap the edge of your ears with the sequin trimmings: gold for the maroon ear and red for the gold ear.
- Glue the “D” pattern on the maroon ear and the starburst and star-circle pattern on the gold ear.
- Make a simple bow with the blue ribbon.
- Wrap the headband in the silver ribbon. Add glue along the way to secure.
- Glue on the ear pieces, bow, feather and peanut. (We made the faux peanut by taking an empty peanut shell and covering it in nail polish.) Then, you’re done!
Watch the trailer for Disney’s Dumbo below!