What You’ll Need
• Disney•Pixar Up cross-stitch template (download it here)
• Cross-stitch fabric, 14-count
• Tapestry needles
• Embroidery Floss
• Embroidery hoop
How To Make It
1. Measure and cut out a square of cross-stitch fabric, at least 8” by 8”.
2. Fold the fabric into fourths. Find the middle point and centre your fabric in the wooden embroidery hoop.
3. Cut off a piece of embroidery floss. The embroidery floss is made of six strings. Pull two of the strings off of the floss and use this to thread your needle.
4. Find the centre of the cross-stitch pattern and start stitching the horizontal line nearest to you. For these patterns, you will begin at the top of the “n” in “Adventure” or the balloons lifting Carl’s home.
5. To begin stitching, start from the back of the fabric and pull the needle through at the bottom left corner to the upper right corner of the “X” you are about to make. Leave a tail of thread on the back of the fabric that you will later stitch over and secure down. Next, stitch from the upper left corner to the bottom right corner to complete the “X”. Use the pattern to guide you on which squares to fill in with the correct colour. Stitch with one colour at a time and skip over squares that are left blank or are not the corresponding colour. You will fill in these squares once you switch colours.
6. To finish off a thread, slide it through the loops of the channel you made by the stitching. To change colours or start a new thread, slide the thread through the loops like you did to finish off your previous thread, or leave a tail and stitch it down as you go like you did with your very first thread.