EXPLORE A WHOLE NEW WORLD WITH THIS DIY “MAGIC CARPET” PASSPORT COVER
By Disney Style
Travelling just got a lot chicer with this Disney’s Aladdin-themed craft!
Among the many beautiful things in Disney’s Aladdin, we absolutely cannot take our eyes off the magic carpet. We love its beautiful design, we love how it takes Aladdin and Jasmine on a picturesque adventure like no other. Oh, what would we give for a magic carpet? With this passport cover inspired by the magic carpet, you can go forth and have one-of-a-kind adventures of your own.
See how to make it below! Where will this miniature magic carpet take you to?
What You’ll Need
• Magic carpet printable (download it here)
• Textile printing paper
• Regular paper
• Faux leather fabric
• Gold tassels
• Glue gun
1. Download the magic carpet printable, print it on textile printing paper and cut out the shape.
2. Download the lining template, print it and cut out the shape. Trace the design onto the underside of your faux leather fabric and cut accordingly. Don’t forget to cut out the rectangle in the middle! (This is where you’ll slot your passport into.)
3. Fold the allowance around the magic carpet inwards.
4. With the underside of lining facing upwards, place a tassel on each corner. Glue to secure.
5. To complete your cover, glue along the allowance of the magic carpet piece and join it together with the underside of the lining. You’re done! (TIP: Create a pocket for your tickets with the leftover faux leather fabric.)